you are welcome to join us ...
The Society is a friendly group welcoming artists of all levels of experience – from beginners to seasoned painters and anyone who simply enjoys the visual arts.
The membership year
The Membership year will run from January to December.
New members are welcome to join at any point during the year – those who join in the later months of the membership year (December) will have their membership carried forward to the following year.
Membership fees are reviewed and set annually. The price to join is £15 (January – December inclusive). Members receive a Membership Card on receipt of fees. Non members are invited to evening meetings. The charge is £3 per meeting and if they choose to join the Society on the day, the £3 will be taken off the cost of the membership!
Benefits of joining the Society
- Newsletter: sent by email to keep you up-to-date with Society activities and news. Published every 2 month (approximately).
- Website: where all the basic information about the Society and its activities are published
- Social Media: We currently use Facebook and Instagram to publish members work and provide the latest information.
- Exhibitions and sales: showcase your artwork, perhaps win a prize or sell something.
- Workshops: priority booking and discount price for Society organised workshops at well known artists studios.
- Appraisal of artwork: It’s interesting and instructive to have a critical eye cast over one’s work!
- Coach trips: visits arranged to regional or national exhibitions
- Meetings and art demonstrations: light refreshment included.
- Preview evening for the Summer Exhibition: an invitation for two.
- Discounts on materials: Membership of the Society entitles members to a 15% discount on art materials bought at Arts and Crafts in East St Bridport. 10% discount is offered at Herrings in High West St Dorchester; just show your membership card.
- Opportunities: for members to show artwork in local shops etc..
- Promoting events: for members who have exhibitions or open studios inclusion on the Diary Dates page or our Facebook page.